Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Words + Image



As I was creating this all I could think about was how was I going to "move" the images. You can't make a still image move, but I tried my best. I thought that transitions were the best option to make my images "move". I know that adding transitions are the easiest and simplest effect but let me explain why I choose them.

Transitions of all kinds were used from slides and dissolves to circle close and ripples. To me each transition told a story. Slides were smooth and portrayed the smoothness in the poem while dissolves portrayed a more confusing part for our grandma with dementia. Ripples told the audience about the transition from past to present. As the video ended I added a circle open and a circle close, the circle opening was a sort of portal for my grandma, her walk into heaven. The circle close added another effect on my chance to express the ending of a life, and my point is to say that her physical Earth journey has ended and she now has a different spiritual shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment